Conference Instructions for Oral Presentations
ScheduleWhen you arrive on site please check the printed program to confirm the schedule of your presentation session. Refer to the author index to check your presentation(s). You can visit already the preliminary program on Program.
Try to be in your presentation room 10 minutes prior to the starting time. Presentations will be downloaded on computer before session starting. You are expected to be present for the entire session.
AV EquipmentLaptop and overhead projector are available in meeting room. You can also use your own laptop but you must insure a quick start in case of connection modification.
Presentation LengthEach session is about 120-150 minutes in length. Each presentation does not exceed 20min. Time should also be allotted for discussion. Typically the discussion time is about 5min.
Power Point PresentationsClarity of slides (Power Point) is essential for a successful scientific presentation. Your file must be compatible with Powerpoint version 2011 or older.
Following is a quick summary of the guidelines to make your slide presentation effective, successful, and enjoyable:
- Limit one idea per slide
- Use phrases rather than complete sentences.
- Use no more than 6 to 7 lines of printing per slide, with a blank line in between each, totally no more than 15 typewritten lines.
- Use at least an 18-point font size.
- Simplify graphics and do not over-reduce artwork.
- Use easy-to-read colors.
- Double check your message: It should be easily grasped in 30 to 40 seconds.